Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our Country's Independence and Other Musings

I know it's been quite awhile since I posted. Sometimes I just feel that my everyday life isn't that exciting to others. I have been working on several projects, including a few Jo Morton quilts. I am looking forward to attending a workshop taught by Jo on July 28th at Prairie Point Quilt Shop in Shawnee, Kansas.

I have also been working on t-shirt quilts for my customers. My business started in September 2009 and all of my earnings are placed in an account towards the purchase of a longarm quilting machine! It will be awhile but am looking forward to finally being able to quilt my large quilts. I don't quilt anything larger than a 50" x 50" on my Bernina. Just too much to deal with under the small machine. I guess the upside is that I get a good workout!

My husband and I are spending four nights and five days at my in-laws. We only live 45 miles away but never get to spend a lot of quality time with them. This was my idea. Now what daughter-in-law would suggest a vacation at the in-laws?!?!

As I write this, it is the anniversary of the birth of our wonderful country. I hope all of you take the time to reflect on what this country stands for and pray that we get back to the ideals that our founding fathers lived by. Enjoy the day and celebrate this Nation.

Happy 4th of July,

Mindy

No comments: