Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Musings of a Quilter

If anyone tells you that recovery from gall bladder surgery is a "piece of cake", don't let them fool you! I had surgery on September 18th and I am still not 100%. I regularly take a blood thinner and the doctor told me (after the surgery of course) that my recovery will take longer than usual. Good thing he told me after the fact. I might have changed my mind. Not really, I was having yucky symptoms and had to go through the surgery. So, what have I been doing during the past 5 weeks? A little hand work and some machine work when I am up to it but also watching a lot of t.v. If any of you have had gall bladder surgery, share with me what your experiences were with your recovery.

I did have to teach a class on October 3rd at Prairie Point Quilt Shop in Shawnee, Kansas and fortunately, I was able to take it easy. My new class is Introduction to English Paper Piecing. I will have it on the schedule again for spring so if you are in the area, sign up and I will teach you how to make those little hexagon flowers. Watch out, it's very addicting!

I've been somewhat sidetracked on my patterns but I promise I will have some new additions by the end of the year. I have also partnered with Pat Komer of Willowrock to make t-shirt quilts on commission. Check out her website, http://www.willowrockquilting.com/. She quilted my Appli-Cake quilt. She is an awesome longarm quilter and will accept quilts from all over the U.S.

I promise to post regularly so please come back to see what is new and exciting for 5acre Designs!

Until next time,

Happy Quilting

No comments: